Saturday, August 4, 2012

It has been 5 years since the Deathly Hallows were released

Saw that commented on one of the harry potter related picture (yes, i am liker of many pages and yes they are still updated very frequently) and froze. My brain rewound to 5 years ago, and realised that it was true!

No idea why this is coming as such a huge shock to me, but it is.

One of the clearer images I could dig up was one of me at my childcare centre and looking at my teacher reading the book. Back then, I had read the first, at most the first two, books and had no inkling on how great a role harry potter is going to play in my life and the last few years of my childhood.

That same year, the order of the phoenix movie was released. I knew that harry potter was popular, but didn't understand why. Out of curiosity, or probably out of the sheer wanting to join in the crowd, I asked my mom to take me to see that movie. It wasn't interesting to my 10-year-old self at all. There were just a lot of British dudes, a lot of shouting, a lot of sudden flashes of light and a lot of fighting.

Who knew, like so many others in the world, I was going to get captured into the world of harry potter and even when the exit was shown to me, not want to get out. And when I did drift out for a while, the doors still remained wide open(and they always shall), offering me the entrance whenever I need it.

The only reason why I haven't gone there for quite a while because it is darn hard to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment